I made a terrific new batch of gluten-free cookies yesterday by modifying a box recipe of ‘Betty Crocker Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix’ with my favorite ingredients ~ and the cookies tasted fabulous!
I can never follow a recipe without changing it up a little or a lot, so I added additional ingredients to the box mix and omitted the vanilla it called for, to create my own cookie ingredient combination:
Combine together with the cookie mix:
- Omit the vanilla the cookie mix calls for
- 2 Tablespoons of Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup of Butter called for by the cookie mix
- 2 Eggs ( 2 eggs total – the one called for by the cookie mix, and the extra one I added)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- A handful of extra Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup Oat Flour (I pulse rolled oats in the food processor to make my own)
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
I mixed everything together very well and used a small cookie scoop to place individual cookies onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. I then pressed down gently with the back of a flat spoon to flatten each cookie a little bit, baking them for 10 minutes in a 350 Degree F oven.
This recipe made 70, 2″ cookies for me, which didn’t spread very much on the baking sheet, and tasted wonderful ~ solid at the surface, and soft in the middle ~ enjoy! ☼ 🙂